Job Type: 2-year Fixed Term Contract with potential for extension
Salary: £32,500 – £35,000 pa
Are you a great fundraiser with an interest in helping a growing and successful charity based in North-West England? Warrington Youth Rowing – a charity established to support disadvantaged children achieve life skills using the sport of rowing – have an exciting new opportunity for a creative fundraising professional to coordinate and achieve additional funding.
The Fundraising Officer will coordinate all fundraising activities in line with the Charity’s overall strategy and sustainability plans. Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer, the Fundraising Officer will identify sources of income and build good working relationships with funders to achieve agreed funding targets.
The role is based in the North-West of England working from home and ideally, the Fundraising Officer will be in one of the following locations:
– Greater Manchester
Key areas of responsibility for the Fundraising Officer include:
• Contribute and assist with the development of a fundraising strategy for the Charity.
• Achieve the agreed funding target of newly sourced funding within the specified and agreed timeframe.
• Identify potential sources of funding and maximise opportunities to secure funding and grow and develop income.
• Develop relationships with funders aiming to achieve and maintain long-term partnerships.
• Maintain a database of funding sources, funders, and funding partners.
• Apply for funding by letters of interest or application forms dependent on the funding organisation’s requirements.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated and professional individual who has a background in fundraising for other Not-for Profit organisations. They will be adaptable and comfortable working both on their own initiative and as a strong team player.
About the Organisation
The Charity has a simple aim to enhance the life skills of disadvantaged youngsters using the sport of rowing. The charity works closely with Henley Stewards’ Charitable Trust and British Rowing to help achieve this aim.
Warrington Youth Rowing run programmes in Warrington, Merseyside, Northwich, Greater Manchester, Runcorn and North Staffordshire.
For further information, please see the job description.
To apply, please send a CV and covering email Richard Sinnott firstname.lastname@example.org
Close Date: 9.00 am Friday 29th September 2023
Applications from individuals only.