Risks of photography
- Children may be identifiable when a photograph is shared with personal information
- Risks to children and young people when photographs are shared on websites/social media
- Inappropriate photographs of children
- Inappropriate use, adaption or copying of images
- Do not use children’s full names in photograph captions.
- Obtain parental consent for a child to be photographed and videoed and for this to be retained for marketing and promotional purposes
- Obtain the child’s consent to use the image
- To respect the wishes of the child if they do not wish to be photographed
- Only use photographs of children in suitable clothing to reduce the risk of inappropriate use.
- Only to take photographs in suitable environments i.e. on the water or in the gym. Photographs are never to be taken in the changing rooms.
- Do not allow external photographers unsupervised access to children (i.e. at races or events)
- Images or video recordings of children must be kept securely i.e. if they are held on a mobile phone, laptop or memory stick this must be encrypted using a secure password.